Welcome to Sunday's Hot Special... (Some blackout dates & conditions may apply)
LAST MINUTE - Stay from just $125 pp/nt twin share with many extras PLUS our free booking/advisory, full travel service.
• Pay with AMEX Points - Use your Membership Reward Points to pay in part or full. 10,000 points = $100.00 in travel
A short drive north of Cairns and just down the road from Port Douglas, Thala Beach Lodge is situated atop a private peninsular overlooking miles of absolutely private, pristine beaches and emerald waters. This beautiful lodge was designed to harmonize with the lush surrounding tropical rainforest and the elevated bungalows provide spectacular views.
Thala Beach Lodge is famous internationally for its' World Heritage Listed rainforest leading right to the beach... an exclusive hideaway in a natural and secluded environment. Thala's dedicated and friendly staff have a wealth of local knowledge and can advise on how to spend your days on the spectacular coral reefs or amidst the primeval beauty of the ancient rainforests.
It is a sister property to Kewarra Beach Resort
, both are internationally famous and members of the prestigiousSmall Luxury Hotels of the World
- see rooms
Thala Beach Lodge has 85 rooms and a suite, it is an adult retreat with children under 12 years not catered for but families are welcome at Kewarra Beach.
Great sensitivity has been applied to the design of the rooms, they are all deluxe bungalows, individually built high on timber poles, looking out through a canopy of trees. the resort has a wide range of forest types which provide habitats for some extraordinary birds, plants and animals.
Relax by the tropical rock pools and spas or explore the surrounding rainforest and secluded beaches. Reef and rainforest tours, handicraft markets, boutique shopping and a championship 18 hole golf course are all only minutes away by shuttle coach service to Port Douglas. Car hire and tours to the Great Barrier Reef and World Heritage rainforests may be booked from the tour desk and coaches will pick up and drop off guests directly at the Lodge.
Enjoy fine food surrounded by uninterrupted views for 110km, dining among the birds in the surrounding treetops. Thala Beach Lodge's stunning gourmet restaurant is one of the highlights of a guest's experience, the cuisine is simply divine. The Ospreys Restaurant provides a full continental breakfast and lunch menu with a la carte fine dining. Enjoy sunset cocktails in the Masked Plover Bar overlooking the Coral Sea. Special dietary requirements are catered for and gourmet picnic baskets can be made to order.
THREE Reasons to book your next holiday here...
1. SERVICE... Australia's #1 agency
for our resorts means we know them best
2. PRICE... Exclusive specials & upgrades
that no-one else can offer
3. PEACE OF MIND... 24/7 trip support
just a FREECall away if needed!
Reservations & Enquiries...
(Australia) 1800 456 236
(International) +617 3100 7999
a Travel Enquiry Form
for a same day response.
• 24hr reception • Art gallery & jewellery shop • Boutique • Business services • Cairns-Port Douglas bus service • Child minding nanny service • Car park • Cocktail lounge • Conference facilities • Currency exchange • Guest laundry • Helipad • Internet kiosk • Library • Lounge • Lush tropical gardens • Picnic baskets • Porterage • Private beach • Restaurant • Safe deposit boxes • Spa • Swimming pools • Tennis court • Tour desk • Valet services • Wildlife habitat
• On request. Adapters may not be available at the resort.
• Telstra • Optus • International visitors check with your own phone supplier for access in Australia. • For recharging batteries, local power supply is 240v 60hz
Events & Conferences
- capacity 140
A reservation with minimum 10 people is considered a group. The Curlews conference room capacity is 60 for theatre, reception or banquet, and 40 for classroom, 100 for cocktails. Equipment and full secretarial services are available as required. For assistance please contact our Groups Specialist
Thala Beach Lodge is situated just 40km - 35 mins north of Cairns International Airport via the scenic Captain Cook Highway, or 15 mins by helicopter to the Lodge's helipad. the resort's 12 seat coaches provide airport transfers (fee applies) with prior notice. A regular bus service operates between Cairns city/airport and Port Douglas calling by Thala Beach Lodge. Port Douglas is just 15km - 10 mins north of the Lodge.
Several championship golf courses are within 30 mins of Thala Beach Lodge at nearby Port Douglas.
The Lodge is not suitable for children under 12 years.
A complimentary bottle of Australian sparkling wine on arrival. Thala Beach Lodge honeymoon packages are available on request.
• 2003 - Small Luxury Hotels of the World "Top 10 List - Hotels in Australia"
• 2002 - Travel Channel (US) "Top 10 List - Resorts in Australia"