Welcome to Thursday's Hot Special... (Some blackout dates & conditions may apply)
HOT DEAL - from $550 pp/night, including all meals - gourmet dining & fine beverages on an island paradise. Valid for travel to 31 Mar 13, blackout dates apply.
• Pay with AMEX Points - Use your Membership Reward Points to pay in part or full. 10,000 points = $100.00 in travel.
Wilson Island is famous, exclusive and very secluded... camp out in style on a remote coral cay surrounded by the reef and just minutes from Heron Island. A maximum of 12 guests at a time in 6 luxury safari tents enjoy access to the pristine reef and beach environments with exceptional coral reef right off the beach.
The Wilson Island Experience is a complete escape with pre and post accommodation available as an option at nearby Heron Island. The Editors of Travel & Leisure Magazine noted that this private Great Barrier Reef hide-away was expected to appear in the 2004 "World's Best Lists"... and it did! Book at least 3 months in advance to avoid disappointment!
Our consultants regularly visit Wilson Island to improve their product knowledge - view some of their recent photos here.
- see rooms
Wilson Island provides for a maximum of 12 guests at any time in 6 designer-inspired tented accommodations. It is an adult retreat with children under 13 years not catered for, there are no day trippers and it is suitable for couples and singles.
Tent interiors are spacious, with raised timber floors, king sized beds, interiors are based on a castaway theme. Tents are without power, and for safety reasons, lighting is from battery operated lanterns and solar powered. A separate building houses your private shower (one shower per tent) and dressing area. See Heron Island
for pre and post accommodation.
Dining is absolutely excellent in "The Longhouse", which is the social center of Wilson Island, also providing an informal bar and lounge, library with games and soft music. Breakfasts are informal and are cooked to order in an open galley, lunches are similar with deli platters or gourmet picnic style prepared by your chefs. Each evening begins with sunset pre-dinner drinks and canapes on the beach, then a relaxed formal candlelit dinner party enjoying a different theme each evening. Guests can serve themselves from the galley at any time day or night. Special diets are catered for with advance notice.
Refreshments on remote Wilson Island are the freshest on offer with • Ice machine • Bottled water • Icy cold imported & local beers • Fine wines • Plunger coffee • Fresh fruits • Fresh seafoods • Gourmet cheeses • Oven fresh breads & cookies
THREE Reasons to book your next holiday here...
1. SERVICE... Australia's #1 agency
for our resorts means we know them best
2. PRICE... Exclusive specials & upgrades
that no-one else can offer
3. PEACE OF MIND... 24/7 trip support
just a FREECall away if needed!
Reservations & Enquiries...
(Australia) 1800 456 236
(International) +617 3100 7999
a Travel Enquiry Form
for a same day response.
• 24hr open bar & snacks • 24hr service • Beach towels • Binoculars • Board games • Community longhouse • Community tent-lounge • Community dining room • Exclusive reef surrounds • Guided reef & island walks & talks • Lounge & library • Shared-individual amenities • Snorkelling gear • As there is no shop on the island, all your personal needs should be brought with you from Heron Island.
• Exceptional snorkelling • Bird watching • Fishing • Island & reef walks • Private beach picnics • Simply relaxing in a hammock enjoying the stunning views • Turtle & whale watching in season
• Earplugs (for swimming & noisy birds at night) • Fishing rod & bait • Neoprene boots for walking around in (essential) • Stubby holders • Sun & insect creams
• Camera batteries • Film • Hats • Personal mirror • Personal radio • Sunglasses
• Nil • For recharging batteries, power supply is 240v 60hz
• Nil Mobile & telephone • UHF resort radio only
Events & Conferences
- capacity 12
Wilson Island is available on an exclusive basis for the ultimate small meeting venue or incentive destination, offering luxury and total privacy for your group. The Longroom is ideal for day or evening meetings with the conference management team from Heron Island available with their expertise and equipment as required. For assistance please contact our Groups Specialist
Regular flights are available from all major Australian capital cities to Gladstone. Launch (2 hrs) or helicopter (30 mins) transfers operate daily to Heron Island and access to Wilson Island is by launch from Heron Island, a distance of just 15 km. Transfers do not operate on Christmas Day.
Wilson Island guests can access the new day spa while overnighting at Heron Island. Their new Aqua Soul Spa uses both Phytomer and Sodashi for their Spa treatments. As Phytomer has 100% marine ingredients, they allow you to embrace the re-mineralising, balancing and relaxing virtues of the sea. The richness of the sea is matched by the nurturing strength of natural botanicals.
Sodashi products are a premium all-Australian natural skin and body care range, highly-respected and known for their healing and relaxation properties. 'Sodashi' is an ancient Sanskrit word which means 'wholeness, purity and radiance' - these form the pillars of Sodashi and are the basis of the spa philosophy at Aqua Soul.
Children under 15 years are not catered for on Wilson Island and there are no day trippers or visitors to the island.
Wilson Island honeymoon packages are available on request.
• 2003 - Conde Nast Traveller (UK) "The Hot List - Top 50 Hotels in the World"
• 2003 - Travel + Leisure Magazine (US) "Readers' Poll - World's Best 15 To Watch"
Wilson Island Reviews
- read more
"...we had absolutely the best time we could have imagined on Wilson Island! It was so much fun! Thanks for arranging the 'RIGHT' tent for us! It was by far the best tent being right on the snorkelling beach and so secluded!
The other great thing about that tent is that the mutton birds don't nest there so we had peaceful sleep each night while most of our fellow campers had to use their ear plugs cause the birds were nesting right underneath them!
All we had were beautiful bridal terns watching their nests, butterflies and stacks of turtles nesting each night just on the path infront of our tent which was very exciting!"
Lisa & Peter G., Sydney, Australia